Sunday, March 1, 2009

Position Paper Outline

I.  Introduction
-Thesis Statement -- Functional Objects with ulterior motives/Design as a means of communicating ideas

II.  Visual Influences
-Everyday "ordinary" and "unassuming" objects
-Historical/Classic designs
-citing artists/designers that have influenced me/why/how have I interpreted their work
-Color and material used to emphasize function or formal element

III.  Conceptual Influences
-Sociology/public interaction/social dilema/sharing/compromise/isolation
-citing research done on this topic as well as personal observation and experience
-Ordinary objects -- what they are vs what they're capable of
-Light heartedness/humor/ sense of playfulness and curiosity
-why this is important in my work/why I feel it is important in design in general

IV.  Working artists/designers that I am influenced by/can relate to... 
-Droog
-Marti Guixe
- why these artists and designers? 
(Note) I may or may not use this topic in my final paper... I haven't decided yet whether its important to the overall argument

V.  Conclusion
-How and in what direction I would like to see my work continue
-How I feel my work relates to the bigger art/design picture

No comments:

Post a Comment